The spring has went by too fast, the summer arrived to Paris last week with temperatures rising way over 25 degrees! Suddenly all the greenness is just overwhelming. The little one is now crawling everywhere and standing against things, and us parents have been kept busy running after him. Yet some random things have happened lately:
- I applied a while ago out of curiosity for the Berlin coding challenge organized by Ironhack, got accepted, and have been learning HTML and CSS so far to my geek husband’s great amusement. I never thought I would be interested in coding, but I have found it weirdly addicting, seeing the results immediately. I’m behind the schedule but planning to complete the challenge at my own pace.
- We almost entered into marital crises after I found out that hubby has been watching Casa de Papel behind my back! So now we are stuck with Marseille, unfortunately the second season has been a bit disappointing. Luckily there is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. We are still watching season 1, the baby and the coding project have sadly eaten up all my Netflix time. In addition to Netflix we’ve end up watching Scènes de ménages conveniently just after baby’s bed time on M6. Maybe we’re getting old, but it’s actually hilarious and at least in French.
- I love the Marimekko x Uniqlo collection! I have not been a huge fan of Marimekko clothes (apart from one silk shirt), but especially this collection of T-shirts and cute pants were great.
- After my latest post about social media rehab I got back into my old habits. Seriously considering deleting the social media apps again. The lack of self-control and all those mama groups…
- With the baby our cultural sorties have been much in decline. We did go to couple of expos, but it was not always a success. Once a loud video installation woke up a napping baby, once baby’s baby friend ate the museum ticket, once there was an installation about US army war training center that I judged suspicious for such an innocent little one. But now everyone is talking about the Klimt expo in Atelier des Lumières, we are planning to check it out soon! Stay tuned for obligatory Instagram material…
- This week our nanny is off, so I’ve been at home a couple of days. It’s been great, just to be at home without travelling and spending precious time with the little muppet. After getting back to work you truly cherish the time spent with the kiddo, that’s not a bad development.